Our times and our culture have great need for quiet spaces that heal the human heart, for safe places for dialogue, and sacred landscapes that draw the human spirit to find God present in all life’s experiences. – Tom Gedeon, SJ
We offer four types of retreats to meet your spiritual needs:
- Private retreat– An individual retreat which allows you the freedom to enjoy solitude, silence, and time for personal prayer and reflection. There are no structured activities during this retreat, but advance registration by phone is required.
- Directed Retreats – An individual silent retreat which provides a daily meeting with a spiritual director. According to your needs, the director may suggest Scripture passages or prayer forms to use during the rest of the day which is spent in quiet prayer and reflection. Advance registration by phone is required.
- Guided Group Retreat – A silent retreat in which a presenter provides a daily session of input for a group on a particular theme. This input provides guidance for the rest of the day which is spent in personal reflection and prayer. The retreat may include a session of dialogue or faith-sharing. We offer shorter guided retreats during Advent and Lent and a longer guided retreat in the spring.
- Preached Retreat – A retreat in which a presenter provides frequent input for a group on a particular theme. There is time between conferences for personal reflection and prayer. The retreat may be silent or may invite conversation among the participants. Most preached retreats are hosted events, arranged by other sponsoring groups.
Our wooded 70+ acre campus in west St. Louis County is located away from main roadways and offers a quiet location for prayer and reflection, both indoors and in the beauty of nature.
We also offer these spaces for prayer and reflection:
- Main chapel – round space with chairs/kneelers and front altar, available for group worship or individual prayer
- Blessed Sacrament chapel – an intimate space for personal prayer, including our tabernacle
- Stations of the Cross – a circular path for prayer in a wooded setting
- Marian grotto – a quiet devotional setting modeled after the grotto in Lourdes, France
- Labyrinth – an 11 circuit labyrinth, modeled after the one in Chartes Cathedral in France, perfect for walking meditation