July 30th – July 31st
Recognizing the Challenges of Reintegration and Building a
Pathway to Care and Resources
Many Veterans and their family members seek help for their problems from clergy. An upcoming event in St.Louis, MO can help prepare you to support them.
Veterans (especially those from rural and smaller-towns) can experience limited choices for healthcare. Community Clergy Training was developed to support Rural Veterans Mental Health and is now expanding into urban and suburban areas. As a clergy member, chaplain, spiritual or holistic social care professional, you are an important contact point for Veterans in your community. Sometimes clergy and lay ministers aren’t aware of the Veterans in their area or how they might help a Veteran and their family following deployment. You may recognize Veterans who are struggling in their return to civilian life, but not know how to support them.
The Mercy Conference and Retreat Center and National Chaplain Center of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with support from The Daughters of Charity invite you to attend a free interactive training.
Training topics will include:
- Identifying potential conflicts between civilian and military cultures.
- Identifying actions community clergy can take to assist military personnel and their families with a healthy adjustment to a civilian culture.
- Types of common military events that can cause adjustment problems for military personnel and the psychiatric and psychological responses that often follow from them.
- Identifying the relationship between spirituality and “meaning making.”
- The importance of Personal Narratives and Past, Present and Future Stories.
- Identifying pastoral responses and resources for clergy and their congregations.
Check-in: 9:00 a.m. – July 30th. The day should conclude by 4:30 p.m. (Lunch will be provided.) Training will continue 9:00 a.m. – July 31st and will conclude by 11:30 a.m.
A certificate of completion for 12 contact hours of CE is available for this workshop.
Registration is Required for this free event. Space is limited, please register today. Click here to register.
After July 23, please call Ruth DePew 314-909-4677. For overnight accommodations to simplify your stay or for more information: contact email@example.com